Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Change is coming!!

Wow it sure has been a long time since I've placed a blog on here. So sorry Mike:)LOL. Man, where do I even begin!!! I feel like I'm always evaluating myself, which is a good thing. This past week was an evaluating week for myself. I'm always wondering if there is something else that I should be doing with my students to ensure that I am giving them the best services. I always feel like I"m doing some kind of changing. Of course as I begin to feel this way the anxiety comes flowing in like a waterfall!!! Thank god I work with my BFF!!! Somehow she always is able to bring me down a few notches. It took one student to really open my eyes and well, as my Grandma Makoo always said, "Well bless your little heart!" She deserves this. At the beginning of the school year she didn;t know her sounds, spoke in 3-4 word sentences, and had very poor vocabulary. I'm happy to report that now she is beginning to read and came into my room on Friday and said, "Yes!! Do we get to read today Mrs. Hudson? I love to read!" Hmmm I guess I must be doing something right!!!

Hopefully this week will be a bit better than last week's craziness!! Long story short: last year there was a water leak in my classroom causing black mold in my cabinets. So now all my stuff is in boxes in a crowded book room!!! Hopefully this time around the custodian will listen to me when I say they need to check behind my cabinets where the water was. My principal said that I need to whine and whine loud!!! Thank God I have my mom's (goose) influence to help me with that "JOE!" (Inside joke with the goose) However, my Aunt Nancy said that they have been whiners and it has seemed to never get them anywhere!! LOL

Let's hope A CHANGE IS A COMIN'!! :) Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment