Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Little Girl

Oh, my it is sooooo sad that my last post was in April!!!!! Where the heck have I been?????? I guess I'll just pretend that I'm just starting to blog today for the first time. How does that sound????

I've had a few people ask me if I've started journaling yet about the joys and tribulations of pregnancy. I am ashamed that I haven't. So why not start today right????? I still can remember when I found out I was pregnant. I was at my 5:30 am turbo kick class thinking, "Why not take a test???" I guess I was tired of being frustrated. But my impatientness ran out and at 6:50 am I sat in the bathroom with my mouth wide open. I ran up the stairs screaming to Will, "WILL WILL GET UP GET UP!!! OH MY GOD!!!!" Of course tears running down my cheeks (Ok so we are debating on that spelling lol). Will jumps out of bed thinking I found a spider and I need for him to get the little bugger!! LOL I yelled, "WE ARE PREGNANT!!!!!" Will just sat there speechless. I was told to calm down of course LOL. The next thing I did, called my mom!! LOL I just can't keep anything from her!!! We both were trying to calm ourselves down just in case it was a misreading. Well, 4 tests later it was still positive and here I sit at 23 weeks pregnant!!!!!

I'm not going to lie, it has been a roller coaster and I think it always will be. SICK SICK SICK!!! Perhaps that is why I haven't been journaling about this miraculous life changing event? It wouldn't of been the best journal that is for sure!!! I would say that finally at week 21 I have started to feel back to my normal self. CELEBRATE: 1 month of no puking!!!!!!! Sorry to gross you out but it had to stop because I was literally starting to go crazy!!!! People say you forget about the rough times of being sick but I think how could you??? Were you puking for 21 weeks??? LOL Now I totally understand what they are saying. But I don't think Will will ever forget. Having to take 2 trips to the hospital to be hydrated isn't fun for anyone.

September 6, 2009 (Saturday 11:30 pm): We just got back from a nice relaxing evening of visiting Nunny and Papa at the campground. By the time we got home I was exhausted!!! I headed up to bed (playing my ipod touch of course) and thought to myself, "Wow those are some crazy gas bubbles!!!" They kept coming and I looked at my stomach move a little. Suddenly I realized what was happening and tears began to well up in my eyes. My little peanut was saying hello to mommy!!! I put my hand there and just felt the vibrations. Then a quick yell to Daddy downstairs about what was happening. Of course my little peanut stopped but it was so amazing that I got to experience it for the first time. That night I woke up in the middle of the night to Will sleeping with his hand ontop of my stomach. I put my hand ontop of his and said good night to my little angel.

September 8, 2009: The big day is finally here!!! We were going to finally see our little peanut on the screen!!! Grandma (aka goose), Will, and I all met at the doctor's office together. I don't remember seeing my mom so happy before!!! I was so glad that she was going to get the chance to see her grandchild. Will of course looking so nervous!!!LOL I love him so much!!! There we were watching the screen and the little peanut was moving all over the place!!!! The tech asked us all if we wanted to know what we were having and right away I said yes!!! She began, "Ok, there is the butt, and you see those 2 bumps??" Ummmmm ok???? LOL I didn't know what I was looking!! I thought oh, it's a boy. Look there is something sticking out???? Yeah, that would be the umbilicol chord!!! LOL "YOU ARE HAVING A GIRL!!!!!" Will immediately grabbed my hand as tears came rolling down my cheek. My mom took off her glasses and said, "Oh course it is. It was meant to be." My little girl will be named after her great grandmother. Mary Jean Hudson will be here in January. He due date is January 8th. There are so many memories from that day.

1. Before every dr. appt. I have to pee in a cup. So there we were after the ultra sound and I kept saying to myself, "I"M HAVING A GIRL!!!!" Ummmmmm I'm not peeing in a cup!!! LOL

2. The nurse wanted to take my blood pressure. I laughed and said, "You don't want to do that now. I can feel my heart beating!!!!" She immediately took the cuff off and said, "Yes, we are going to pretend that I didn't put the cuff on your arm!! LOL" By the end of appt. my blood pressure went down to 128/76 THANK GOD!!! LOL

3. My brother called while we waited for the doc to come in. I got to tell him on the phone and we were all going crazy!!! I got off the phone and my realized that she had to go to the bathroom. I told her where the bathroom was at. She left the room. Will and I still waiting and then all of a sudden we heard my mom, "Ummm I forgot where my daughter is at. She just had her first ultra sound and I can't find her." Then I heard Dr. Mohammadione say, "Oh she is right here. I will be in right behind you. Hello. I'm Dr.. Mohammadione and I'm her doctor." LOL That was their first meeting!!!!

I could keep going on and on about that day but I will leave you with this last memory that I thank God I was able to have. When my grandma passed away one of the last things I got to tell her was that Will and I were going to get married. After she had passed, Will sat with me one night and said, "I think our first born daughter should be named after your grandma." I have always been so close with my grandma. I think about her everyday and miss her so much. I've always wanted to be able to tell my grandpa that we would be naming his great granddaughter after his lovely wife. And on September 8th I was given the amazing opportunity to do that. I can still hear his voice on the phone. Both of our voices trembling from excitement and tears. I feel my grandma has had a part in this pregnancy and I thank her and God for letting me experience this with my grandpa.

I know there will be so many more memories and I'm so glad I have finally started journaling about them. I can't wait to meet my little girl. I can only hope and pray that she and I can be as close as my mom and I. I look forward to this journey...................

2 comments:

  1. I bet Grandpa was really excited about the name. As Grandma said when she heard Libby's middle name, "Jean lives!!" So yayayay for little girls with the middle name of Jean. You will love having a little girl....all the princess stuff, tea parties, and snuggles!!! We are excited for you guys! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! oh wait, I'm a little teary eyed but still, Yeah! I'm so glad you started to blog again because there will be many many adventures to share!

    P.S. Okay so, you don't forget puking (and yes, I puked for about 40 weeks...) but it fades A LOT!

    ReplyDelete