Thursday, March 19, 2009

RUN, RUN, AS FAST AS YOU CAN............

Hello all!!! What a week!!! For starters, it turns out that my school doesn't like to communiticate with ODE (Ohio Department of Ed) very well. As many of you know it is getting to be that wonderful time that all teachers dread: OAT (Ohio Achievement Testing). It seems from the special education perspective that we are always being told what we can or cannot do. I have such an awesome teaching partner who helps to keep me abreast of what is going on!! Nita found out from the other school that she is at, that there were some accomodations we were making that are not allowable and some that are now allowable. CRRRAAAZZZZYYYYY. It turns out that I can scribe for my students who have a disability with written expression and my 3rd and 4th graders cannot use calculators. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! So, in 5th grade they can use calculators????? I love the education field!!! I just wish that they could get it straight. Here, I've been letting my students use a calculator all year long and now I have less than a month (minus spring break) to get my students ready. As my buddy's mom would say, "I hate these tests MORE THAN YOU KNOW!!!" Ok, ok, as Nita and I say, "I need to close the book on this." Thanks for listening though!:)

So Tuesday, began a very important day for me: I RAN!!!:) I guess you all have been inspirations for me. And let me stress the word "run" here. I would "run" and then walk. I know that is what you are suppose to do when you are first starting out. I did download to my IPOD the hip hop couch 2 5K (THANK YOU SARAH!!:)) I like that I have been setting goals and really working towards them. Although it seems that my scale is broken!!!:) LOL But at least I've gone down another inch. Keep it coming!!! I will listen to my buddy's pep talk today after school and keep going.

I will end my blog with a funny story that I think you will all enjoy. Actually, make that 2 stories. All to do with my lovely hubby. Let me start out by saying how much I love him and this is why:

1. I asked Will last weekend about doing the 5K with the fam in Columbus. Will asked me to look up the conversion of K to Mi. and I told him it would be a little over 3 miles. Wait for it........... "Uhhhh you know that would be like over an hour of walking?" LOL!!! He's saying this to a person who exercises at the YMCA 5-6 days a week!!!

2. So there I am running at Copeland Park with Mellody (PS: She is in training because she stinks at running with me. She is either trying to walk in front of me or wanting to visit with every person/dog at the park. We call her the welcoming committee.) Ok, so I'm running telling myself, "I can do this! Just keep going. Wait is that???? Yes it is!!!" Will was sitting at a picnic table enjoying the sun and playing on his palm pilot. He said that he knew I was at the park because his wife and dog were MIA when he got home from work. I ask him to join me for a walk. He proceeds to say that he is ok just sitting at the picnic table. I continue on my run. Once I was done, he walked with me out of the park. Oh I forgot, we live down the street from the park. I look ahead and see a familiar car. Will asks, "Do you want a ride home?" Yes, he drove to the park which again is down the street from us. I couldn't help but laugh. I told him I thought I could handle it (I was going to class at the Y in 30 minutes LOL).

I think I might need some help getting Will to be motivated here!!! LOL Once spring has come he tends to get a little more motivation to do things. God Bless America!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! Oh Will... Maybe WiiFit? Blaire told me about the Hip Hop c to 5k. I was going to use it for my last run of week 4 but since "Pussy Control" is one of the longer songs I don't think I can handle it; I HATE that song. Are you going through with the whole program? You can do it, seriously you can!

    ReplyDelete